from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
There are five steps to build a successful Online Affiliate Program. As you follow these steps, you'll discover exactly how an expert affiliate marketer does business. There is a definite formula involved in making a serious income from affiliate programs.That formula involves targeting a profitable market, finding hot products for that market, and then driving market-specific traffic towards a sales funnel that is designed for high conversions.
- Find A Hot Profitable And Rabid Market
- Find 3 High Converting Affiliate Programs In Your Market
- Write A Review Article For One Product, And Place This Review On Your Opt-In Page
- Drive market-specific traffic to the opt-in page to build your list
- Follow Up With Your List With More Information
- Find A Hot Profitable And Rabid Market - Your first step is to find a hot, profitable and rabid market. Finding the right market to target is critical to your success. The Market Selection Process - The market selection process first begins with you. Start by examining your areas of knowledge, and the things you are passionate about. The reason behind this is simple. It is easier to work in a market you enjoy and know something about.Exploring Your Market Ideas - The next step in the process is to explore the Internet to find out whether there are any existing products in your market. In order to get this big picture, you need to go where your market’s products are sold. (e.g. amazon.com and Clickbank).Keyword Research - Each time someone enters search keywords into a search engine; those searches are stored in a database. By having access to information about what people are searching for, you can improve your web site's search engine ranking, target your advertising and uncover online markets more easily.In order to do keyword research, you need a way to access the data the search engines have collected. You can do this online, from your web browser, or you can use desktop software. For example - Google External Keyword Tool(free) and Overture/Yahoo Suggestion Tool(free).
- Find 3 High Converting Affiliate Programs In Your Market - The main criterion in choosing a program is conversion rate. The higher the "gravity" number under the product title the better the product is converting. "% referred” is representing the numbers of sales for this product have been referred by affiliates. There is another reason why this information is important, and it also points to the 2nd criteria to use in selection an affiliate program. It is to make sure the merchant is not aggressively competing with their affiliates!
- Write A Review Article For One Product, And Place This Review On Your Opt-In Page - There are four reasons for writing a full-length product review that gives valuable information to your market:i) Your role is to be an information provider, ii)Giving people valuable information up front improves your credibility, iii) People want and need this information. Show them that you provide it, and you will get tons of subscribers onto your list.How To Write An Affiliate Review Article - i)Gather crucial elements for writing affiliate review from the sales page, ii)Find discussions about the product on message boards and forums, iii)Contact testimonials on the sales page to check with them about their experience with the product, iV)Contact the product owner and ask if they provide “review copies” of their product to affiliates.
- Drive market-specific traffic to the opt-in page to build your list - Focus have to focus on driving traffic (visitors) to your affiliate review opt-in page. More importantly, this traffic must be targeted, and market-specific.You'll roll this knowledge into a traffic generation campaign that utilizes: i) Articles to 'steal' search engine traffic, ii) Pay-per-click advertising,iii) Message boards and groups,iv) Social networking, v) Blogs
- Follow Up With Your List With More Information - In keeping with your role as an information provider, it’s crucial that you build your relationship with your list by providing as much timely, useful information as possible. The key is to always have some form of information in front of your list, especially between the 'gaps' in each autoresponder sequence, and often in the middle of an ongoing sequence.There are two ways to do this: i)Insert informational emails or newsletters between autoresponder sequences, and have these messages direct subscribers over to your blog, ii)Use your autoresponder to broadcast 'one time' messages to your list.
- This is a success Formulae and please remember do not jump from one to another. It should be executed in the proper sequence as stated above.
- How to Distinguish Between a Pyramid Scheme and Multi Level Marketing
- How to Succeed in Network Marketing
- How to Build a Social Network
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Build a Successful Online Affiliate Program. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.